Fatality on the Stolt? Anyone hear anything.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Was made aware yesterday via Facebook of a fatality on the Stolt. A diver on another boat relayed that they were called to help search but by the time they got there the body had been brought up. Anyone have any details.

I was out fishing on my boat on Saturday, and a call came over VHF 16 regarding an over due diver but I didn't hear any specifics. I didn't hear anything else about it on the radio, or news, so I figured the diver was ok. If what you heard is true, its another loss to the diving community. My prayers go out to the divers family.

Folks on TDS are reporting a solo ccr diver, that was well known in the breather community.

Psst. Don't tell any one I am a puter idiot.
It is in the general rebreather forum, under solo diving, solo rebreather diving as the thread title. No real details are being posted, just the ensuing battle over the original posters blaming it on solo diving sans any real details he is willing to share if they are known at all.
Eric

Psst. Don't tell any one I am a puter idiot.
It is in the general rebreather forum, under solo diving, solo rebreather diving as the thread title. No real details are being posted, just the ensuing battle over the original posters blaming it on solo diving sans any real details he is willing to share if they are known at all.
Eric

Solo Diver Rebreather Fatality

Edit - changed link name from default to clarify.

Not that it matters, but i was wondering if it was off a private boat or a commercial dive op. I looked over the schedules and there was only one commercial boat scheduled to dive the Stolt this weekend.

Not that it matters, but i was wondering if it was off a private boat or a commercial dive op. I looked over the schedules and there was only one commercial boat scheduled to dive the Stolt this weekend.

My understanding is that it was on one of the well known NJ charters - but I am reluctant to post the name as:

a) Not 100% confirmed (but its 95%)
b) I dont want to post anything that could hurt their business as the way I understand it, they did nothing wrong in this unfortunate incident.

I agree...I heard the same from a few buddies . Its a terrible loss all the way around for both the family of the diver and the crew and others on the boat. No will ever know the whole story. My prayers go out the the family of the diver and all those who were witness to what happened.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom