Boat capsized in pompano beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a pic in the Sun Sentinel.......looks like it was a catamaran with outboards.
SFDH?

Just heard about this. Hope everyone is ok :-(

Thanks, Fritz . . . . you need to keep clicking the links, as they update. So sad.

Yes...confirmed that it was the Coral Princess and there has been 1 fatality.

Tough day for trying maneuver the Princess through the Hillsboro Inlet. I wonder if the release forms will hold up?

Dive Charter Capsized

PB220018.jpgPB220057.jpgPB220063.jpgPB220073.jpgPB220076.jpgPB220083.jpg

I was kayaking in the intracoastal near the inlet and saw them tow the Coral Princess back into Hillsboro Bay. Then I followed Seatow to see what they were going to do with the upsidedown 45' Corinthian Catamaran. I saw the captain and mate at the BSO dock but couldn't talk to them. A sad Thanksgiving day on the water.

Chad

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear this and most particularly that there was a death. Very sad for everybody.

This inlet is known for large standing waves and often hazardous conditions for small craft even in otherwise generally benign conditions. Is it considered a navigable inlet by the CG? That is a large boat, must have been a big wave, they said a rogue wave, is that so?

I wish the best for all involved.

N

Back
Top Bottom