Write Up of Near Death in Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW !!

Best wishes for a continued recovery

I hope the shop/instructors are disclosed. At present all SSI shops that train in Monterey are tainted, not just the miscreants.

There are multiple horrific details in this story I hardly know where to start. Just makes my skin crawl reading it. The part that bothers me the most was the instructor's insistence on forcing a malfunctioning regulator on the student, and even in knocking away the student's attempt to use a functioning one (her alternate).

If any of the other students are here on the board maybe they can put in their observations, even if it is only about the 'extra' lessons while geared up.

Lastly, Scott, run don't crawl to get your gf evaluated and treated if needed for PTSD (if not already done). You might consider such an evaluation for yourself. This had to extremely traumatic.

This is absolutely appalling. You MUST name the "instructors" and the shop (if any) that employed them. If this had happened in Britain their actions would constitute criminal assault and maybe even attempted murder.

Not familiar with any SSI standars but 13 ow students to 2 instructors seems alot????

This shop needs to be named and shut down. That SSI is not responding or even communicating with them is disgusting. I will be at Beneath the Sea next week. Maybe if I run into Mr. McNeese I'll ask him about this. Will have to print out the article next week to do that.

My blood is boiling reading this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom