Details surrounding death of USN divers +1 year ago finally released under FOIA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's really ugly.

That's a shame!

Mike

These men were serving their country and one put aside his own life trying to save another. What is it called then? Your commander gives you an order, you follow it. It's seems the surface crew is to blame not the divers. By the sounds of it neither could have made it to the surface.

"That heroism will be honored in coming months, when the Navy posthumously awards Harris the Navy and Marine Corps Medal."

Sorry, but I don't see anything worth honoring. It wasn't valor or courage. It was stupidity. You don't become the second victim.

Could you possibly be any more disrespectful to someone that gave his life in military service trying to save his buddy, teammate, and probably friend? If you do not understand the difference between being concerned with saving your own ass and valiantly and courageously putting yourself at risk, even to the point of losing your own life to save another, you probably will never understand. It is the difference between being a hero and being the other 99% of us. If I got to chose who I would have as my buddy/teammate in a life or death situation, it would be someone like Petty Officer Ryan Harris. It sure would not be you.

Appallingly horrid. How is it that only the one was court marshalled and he got to choose?

"That heroism will be honored in coming months, when the Navy posthumously awards Harris the Navy and Marine Corps Medal."

Sorry, but I don't see anything worth honoring. It wasn't valor or courage. It was stupidity. You don't become the second victim.

What a low class comment from an armchair quarterback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom