possible incident in FLA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tech_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I just got some distressing news that I'm trying to confirm. I don't want to mention any names or details because I still don't know what I'm talking about.

Was there an incident this weekend in a Florida cave? The name mentioned is someone I knew (many knew). I can't find anything in the news.

If the story is true it is way too soon to know anything official. Some of you may already know but may not be ready to post about it. I just want to know if we lost a friend.

Let us know if anyone knows anything....

(again, I'm not saying anything till we know for sure...)

Can someone explain why it's been rules a "heart issue"? People were calling it that before his body was even recovered.

Couldve been anything given the amount of info out there.

I don't know the deceased, I guess I don't come to FL enough :(

But... prior bypass surgery, recurring angina, taking nitroglycerine, warfarin, or any number of other medications and being up front about that with friends or buddies would seem to be evidence of a "heart issue" to me. If he died near the line clutching his chest in clear water just swimming along, I would tend to go with the most likely cause of death here. Not that bad gas or something like that couldn't possibly be the cause or contribute, just a lessor likelihood.

I don't know the deceased, I guess I don't come to FL enough :(

But... prior bypass surgery, recurring angina, taking nitroglycerine, warfarin, or any number of other medications and being up front about that with friends or buddies would seem to be evidence of a "heart issue" to me. If he died near the line clutching his chest in clear water just swimming along, I would tend to go with the most likely cause of death here. Not that bad gas or something like that couldn't possibly be the cause or contribute, just a lessor likelihood.

is that the case with this guy? seems pretty cut and dry if so

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom