Wazee Lake fatality - Wisconsin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
It sounds like a student fatality, but not clear...?

Death of diver being investigated - Eau Claire Leader-Telegram
BLACK RIVER FALLS — The Jackson County sheriff’s office is investigating the death of a diver who was found unresponsive Saturday at Wazee Lake Recreational Area.
The sheriff’s office was dispatched at about 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the recreational area in the town of Brockway.
The 54-year-old female diver was participating in diving exercises when she was found unresponsive and not breathing. She was brought to the surface, where lifesaving efforts began and the emergency medical system was activated.
The victim was transported to a nearby medical facility, where she was pronounced dead.
The woman’s name was withheld pending family notification.
The case remains under investigation by the sheriff’s office.

always sad news...

It appears she was diving at the boat launch. I was out diving on Saturday at the other end of the lake, and saw the emergency vehicles go by. I initially thought they stopped at the swimming area and this wasn't a diving incident, but another diver told me that they saw the emergency vehicles go past the swimming area to the boat launch (or possibly Pipes Point).

- I was diving at The Wall when the sirens went by. Apparently a certified diver taking an advanced class. Cause of death as yet unknown but speculation is a stroke or heart attack. I got that much from a follow up news story and her friend's post on her website. So sad that something so much fun to do can have such a potential deadly side to it.

Back
Top Bottom