NB Diver Dies.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They both belong to the same Scuba Club as me. I don't know them well, but I've talked to them before.

I was in NB last week and talked to my mothers BF who actually pulled the guy out of the water, he is with the CG.

Aparently there is a lot of speculation/investigation going on as they can't figure out why the guy died. He was only 9 feet deep and 20 feet from shore.

hopefully we can get some answers that would help us all.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends.

There is a thread in the Eastern Canada section of SB on this.

My Moms boyfriend is a SAR tech and is the one who pulled him out of the water.

He said it just doesn't make any sense... 9 feet of water 20 feet from shore.....

but anyways I never did hear the results of the autopsy but there was supposed to be an investigation. The roumor mill at the CG is that his death had nothing to do with diving and probably another issue.

I will inquire with the SJ CG to see if there is any update.

This is an extremely sad story. The man left behind a two year old child and a wife from what I can tell. We now have to wait for the details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom