cave fatality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wallacm

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I heard about a cave diving fatality near the Layfette Blue system in Mayo, Florida. Was wondering if anyone knows anything more about this, or if its even true. Anyhow, if it is true my prayers go out to the family and friends of the diver.

i haven't heard anything (which doesn't mean much), and i haven't seen any news

i just did a quick Google, and couldn't find anything

More info here:
http://cavediver.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5467
http://thedecostop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23195

On behalf of the IUCRR, I can state there appears to have been a
fatality in a small system near Lafayette Blue, Mayo County, Florida.
The victim's dive plan was a solo, side mount exploration dive.

Recovery personnel and law enforcement personnel are on site as well
as friends of the victim. I would urge that the community not
speculate as to the cause of this accident. Our prayers and support
go out to the family and friends.

Regards
/Ken Hill

Details are sketchy.....it appears a solo diver is missing in a cave system near Lafayette Blue.

Reposted from Cave Diver's form:
"On behalf of the IUCRR, I can state there appears to have been a fatality in a small system near Lafayette Blue, Lafayette County, Florida. The victim's dive plan was a solo, side mount exploration dive.

Recovery personnel and law enforcement personnel are on site as well as friends of the victim. I would urge that the community not speculate as to the cause of this accident. Our prayers and support go out to the family and friends.

Regards
Ken Hill

Hopefully more will be issued when the facts are known. In the mean time, my thoughts and prayers to family, friends, and rescue personnel.

well ... it doesn't sound good

Information from other forums state the diver was sidemount doing an exploration dive in a system near Lafayette Blue.

IUCRR recovered the body this evening.

This sucks!

And is very sad. Never a good day when we lose a member of the family. Best wishes to the family and friends.

Jcsgt:
This sucks!

Yes it does. Even more so after going a full year without any fatalities.

Back
Top Bottom