strange symptoms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eleven

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
This may sound odd , it has myself and the rest of my dive crew baffled . We are pearl divers in the northern territory of australia , our work underwater is extreemly physical and takes a serios toll on the body. the past two days we have been returning from the bottom with what seem to be small burst blood vessels in our finger tips . our daily work programme has not differed in anyway from the past , yet all 3 divers are suffering the same symptoms . any help with this would be greatly appreciated .

cheers
eleven

I think a macro photo would do alot of good in this case. Perniosis or chilblain is what I am suspicious of. Usually it is tender and painful.

Is it significantly colder than normal at present?

no , the water temp has been sitting at a comfertable 31 degrees for the past month .
The only thing that i can see that has changed is the weather , there have been vicious thunder storms for the past 5-7 days .

It very much could be trauma induced petechial hemorrhages. Were you grasping and prying hard with your fingers?? I assume that 31 degree is Celcius... Otherwise that is arctic ice temperature...

My guess is, if it is not tender, not painful, and does not form individual lesions, you are pretty safe. Were you taking aspirin or any pain relievers... Aspirin is a wonderful anticoagulant, and will cause easy small petechial hemorhages in normal individual from minor trauma. Other type of NSAID pain reliever will also thin your blood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom