PCDC Storage bottle blows

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Buddies and I were having lunch at Scampis a couple blocks over after a dive, when we heard a thump. After finishing and driving by PCDC, we saw all sorts of emergency vehicles, and this:

It appears a bank tank blew and slammed a hole in the wall and a couple in the roof. Dive Locker said no one was hurt, so thats good.

Buddies and I were having lunch at Scampis a couple blocks over after a dive, when we heard a thump. After finishing and driving by PCDC, we saw all sorts of emergency vehicles, and this:

It appears a bank tank blew and slammed a hole in the wall and a couple in the roof. Dive Locker said no one was hurt, so thats good.

Holy Crap John!

I'll call you when I get to tally, probably in 3 weeks...we can do efr than?

This was at Panama City Dive Locker?

Since I fill at my LDS, I will be interested to learn the facts about what happened. We take filling very seriously and it is a dangerous thing to do. I am glad no one was injured or killed.

Carolyn:shark2:

Wow!

The parts of an exploded AL80 are mounted on the wall at my LDS to show everyone what can happen. Pretty scary stuff.......

A loud thump!? We heard it at the Bay Point Marina and were pretty sure people died it was so loud! There is alot of question as to why the steel flask blew given that the burst disk was intact.... I'm just happy Joe, Mike and everyone else were fine. Google Earth puts the distance from their shop to my boat at 1.4 miles, and it was scary loud.

Amen to that!
A loud thump!? We heard it at the Bay Point Marina and were pretty sure people died it was so loud! Everyone is fine and grateful. There is alot of question as to why the steel flask blew given that the burst disk was intact.... I'm just happy Joe, Mike and everyone else were fine. Google Earth puts the distance from their shop to my boat at 1.4 miles, and it was scary loud.

It wasn't just one tank there were several and it completely destroyed their bank and part of tghe building. One cylinder landed in the rinse tank with the end blown off. Another was completely split open. Rest of the bank is scattered about and the front window is out but the retail part seems unscathed. thank God no one was hurt. We left the store ten minutes before it happened and heard the noise at the boats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom