Diver missing off of Provincetown?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know anything about the diver that went missing off P-Town this morning? It was all over channel 16. I guess the Coast Guard are searching for a missing diver.

looks like it is a solo diver,diving for lobster near race point....strong currents in the area..also I know they typically find them around 70ft

There are a number of divers that make a living lobster diving out there.....Usually a drift dive,but they have sunken toilet bowls from renovated motels. This provides hiding places in otherwise a sandy bottom. I would just hate to drift into a big net and be kept there by a strong current

Diver never surfaced after dive at race point in Provincetown Mass. [very tip of Cape Cod] Area is great for lobster this time of year as they ''migrate'' into Cape Cod Bay. They are abundant and are found just walking along the sand in about 70ft. The big drawback are the currents...some that go over walls and have pulled divers 100s of feet down.

There are a number of divers that make a living lobster diving out there.....Usually a drift dive,but they have sunken toilet bowls from renovated motels. This provides hiding places in otherwise a sandy bottom. I would just hate to drift into a big net and be kept there by a strong current

Hey porgyhunter still want to give the race a try? Big bugs!

Last edited:
Update.....coast guard boats....Helicopter...park ranger trucks...peope walking the beach...nothing yet

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved into the Accidents and Incidents forum. Please note that special forum rules now apply.

Link/forward preserved in the original posting forum

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

quero:
Multiple threads on the same incident merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom