Wilmington Incident - 16 Oct

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Black Jack

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened out at fossil ledge today and what the outcome was? We were nearby with AS and heard the Coast Guard conversation but few other details.

We were out there today too. I'd like to say Great Job by the Winner Queen keeping cool calm and collected with the USCG in relaying the transmissions.

This was a separate incident and unfortunately it appears the diver passed away.

Unfortunately it was Amy Pieno, Johnny's wife.
Owners of Hatteras Dive Center off their boat Flying Fish.
She will be missed.
Thoughts & prayers to her family & friends.

Unfortunately it was Amy Pieno, Johnny's wife.
Owners of Hatteras Dive Center off their boat Flying Fish.
She will be missed.
Thoughts & prayers to her family & friends.

NO! Holy ****. If this is true it is absolutely horrible, Amy was awesome.

It was Amy and she will be missed greatly. From what I've heard is that apparently she went OOA and did and emergency ascent from around 110'. She was unresponsive from that point on. I'm sure more details will follow at a later time. For the ones that have dived with Outer Banks Diving or just visited the shop, we've lost a great friend. Keep the family in our prayers.

Does anyone have any links to news articles to confirm this? That is very sad indeed...

Back
Top Bottom