Ft. Lauderdale fatality 10/29/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heavierthanlead

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Based on eyewitness accounts, a diver collapsed moments after reboarding Scubatyme's vessel, today. Diver is ID'd in the Passings forum. Would appear to be an AGE...

Based on eyewitness accounts, a diver collapsed moments after reboarding Scubatyme's vessel, today. Diver is ID'd in the Passings forum. Would appear to be an AGE...

An AGE? Do you have info not included in the posts?

This is very sad to hear. There is so little information. I went over there this AM but nobody that I talked to seemed to know much.

Last edited:
Was aboard.
Scott came up from a 95~ foot dive, apparently was in deco (trained for it and following protocols) seem to be complaining of elevated heart rate and had some blotchy skin on his neck though he reassures everyone when asked that he was good.
He managed to switch his gear, was standing by the dive platform and collapsed.
All attempt to save him were done. He had. Better pulse by the time we reached the inlet and medics got him.
We found out on the ride back to dock he didn't make it.

As far as cause of death AGE is what seems to transpire but I don't want to speculate too much.

I don't have this processed totally.

What's an AEG?

Back
Top Bottom