Diver dies off Perth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thought I would beat Dandy Don to this one!! Actually came looking for details. Man dies scubadiving off Rottnest Island | News.com.au
No information available, but seems like diving off a private boat. Suspect it is unrelated to diving as the area has very safe shallow dives, but would love to find out for sure. Dived there last weekend. I'm sure the details will come out in due course. Condolences to family and friends.

I'm in Perth at the moment watched news at 6pm and wasn't on it, so must have happened after news was shot. Imagine it'll be in the news tomorrow. Sad for someone as always.

This article has some more info: Diver dies off Rotto as rough surf hits Perth | Perth Now
A medevac helicopter, ambulance and police officers rushed to the scene near Parker Point after the man was discovered unconscious in the water just after midday.

It’s understood the man may have suffered a heart attack while diving with his family about 700m offshore.

He was transported by boat to shore and given CPR at the Rottnest Island nursing post but died a short time later.
The scuba diver's death came as several swimmers at popular beaches suffered serious injuries - including suspected spinal damage - after rough surf hit metropolitan beaches.
Ambulances were called to beaches at Trigg, Mullaloo, Scarborough and City Beach after multiple incidents.

A 10-year-old boy and a 15-year-old girl were among those treated .

Another swimmer suffered a dislocated shoulder while at Trigg Beach earlier today.

An ambulance was also sent to Coogee Beach to treat a teenage girl for suspected spinal injuries.

Always sad to hear these stories.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom