Entangled diver Hot Springs, Arkansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbarnett51

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any news about this diver? How name is Danny Collins. He is the husband of an acquaintance. I don't know the details except I read on her Facebook that he was found unconscious and entangled on the bottom in Hot Springs. Usually that would mean Lake Ouachita but could be lake Hamilton or even DeGrey. Her was air lifted to Shreveport,LA....which also seems strange.

I don't know the facts so hopefully someone can chime in with facts.

Last edited:
Hope he is OK. I struggle to understand how anyone can dive without cutting devices.

I'm just going off of the wifes Facebook but he appears to have made it. He was in the chamber last night or a little over 5hrs. According to the tests that have been run he has no brain damage.

Lucky lucky guy. You don't hear about many unconscious divers at depth living to tell.

First one I have heard of. He should go and buy lottery tickets.

This is the first story but it doesn't add up.

m.thecabin.net/news/local/2012-09-23/conway-firefighter-airlifted-shreveport-after-diving-accident

m.thecabin.net/news/local/2012-09-23/conway-firefighter-airlifted-shreveport-after-diving-accident

Did I miss the part where he went unconscious? It says he saw his wife before being airlifted so I suspect the wife's FB was factually incorrect.....either way I am glad he has "pulled through"

Did I miss the part where he went unconscious? It says he saw his wife before being airlifted so I suspect the wife's FB was factually incorrect.....either way I am glad he has "pulled through"

No, I don't know and not trying to muddy the water. I was just going off her Facebook that said he was unconscious. It sounds like that's not true. Hopefully more will come our.

Any news about this diver? How name is Danny Collins. He is the husband of an acquaintance. I don't know the details except I read on her Facebook that he was found unconscious and entangled on the bottom in Hot Springs. Usually that would mean Lake Ouachita but could be lake Hamilton or even DeGrey. Her was air lifted to Shreveport,LA....which also seems strange.

I don't know the facts so hopefully someone can chime in with facts.

There is a posting in the PSD forum with a PSD entanglement with the same name.

Back
Top Bottom