Ronda Cross Tank CO Test cause of Death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnZdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Ronda's  M.P. sheet.JPGThis is the video of the tank that was filled by Sunshine Dive and Charter as you will see the ppms go all the way up 1900 and then the checker shuts down because of the extream amount of CO in the tank.If anyone wants to see the Instructor Jorges and Roxanas tank results I can post those as well.
Ronda Cross Died because of this.
The photo above is the offical tag from the tank.
click here to see the offical video of the tank being checked ROND´S TANK - YouTube

How the :censored: do you hit that level of CO in a tank... remove all filters from the compressor and then back a truck up to the intake?

I get antsy if my CO analyzer doesn't stay at 000 when I check a tank, though I recently dived one that blew a 001 and noticed no ill effect. I would have demanded another if it was 002 or higher.

First few things that came to my mind was 1) cheap diving, 2) greed, 3) operators / gas fillers who are untrained - all resulting in possibly poorly maintained filters/filling stations? Finally an air intake that is practically attached to a vehicle exhaust.

we were wondering how long it would take this simple minded person, we actually have a pretty good idea who you are, obviously the jealous person about how much business sunshine is doing, its busier than ever.... and the person who did this test? should we post the criminal history of this person?
this is a joke video, it shows a tank, any tank, my god, this is what you say is proof? hahahahaha, so why has the investigation been officially closed? why is it that sunshine has had no legal problems? i will tell you why, because sunshine has proven beyond the fact that they had nothing to do with this terrible accident. the authorities and padi have closed the case (which is why padi never suspended the shop or expelled the shop) the shop has been cleared, and thats that. so the "officiall" video is "Rond's tank"? yeah, looks pretty official.
jealousy is a curse!

John, I am curious if you have a friendship or relationship with the family of Ronda? I appears you are concerned as a person close to her would be, which would be understandable.

Myself I plan to test every single scuba tank I get period, no matter where it comes from. I continuously monitor for CO as I blend my own tanks, and have had a CO instance in the past, on a liveaboard, so I fully understand the severity of the deadly gas.

see the offical video of the tank being checked
No offense, but that CO tester is not a scientific instrument that should be trusted for a court case. Would I dive that tank, heck no! A proper test would be to send it out to a lab for analysis.

Well if you check the Padi Web Site They are not there as a PADI shop and never will be again.
As far as the Case in Cabo San Lucas it is an open case according to the Canadian Consular Agent the case is still on going. You just make your self look bad by posting things you have no idea about.

we were wondering how long it would take this simple minded person, we actually have a pretty good idea who you are, obviously the jealous person about how much business sunshine is doing, its busier than ever.... and the person who did this test? should we post the criminal history of this person?
this is a joke video, it shows a tank, any tank, my god, this is what you say is proof? hahahahaha, so why has the investigation been officially closed? why is it that sunshine has had no legal problems? i will tell you why, because sunshine has proven beyond the fact that they had nothing to do with this terrible accident. the authorities and padi have closed the case (which is why padi never suspended the shop or expelled the shop) the shop has been cleared, and thats that. so the "officiall" video is "Rond's tank"? yeah, looks pretty official.
jealousy is a curse!

I think most of us would say that confirming what shop is responsible for a bad tank is secondary to confirming that the deceased had a bad tank in the first place.

Do you know the who/what/when/where's of the video you posted? If so, please share them.

Were the divers' tanks taken by Mexican authorities after the accident? If so, were the tanks tested by the Mexican authorities and with what result?

Was a test for CO performed on the deceased by the Mexican medical examiner or by any other authority? If so, what result?

This isn't a court of law and the gear in the video looks like it could have been shipped from police impound, but laying a foundation would be helpful in making use of the information you've given us.

Rick Neal the Investagator from PADI said that all tanks and gear were taken to the Ministerio publico Offices and will be kept until the case is setteled.
I think most of us would say that confirming what shop is responsible for a bad tank is secondary to confirming that the deceased had a bad tank in the first place.

Do you know the who/what/when/where's of the video you posted? If so, please share them.

Were the divers' tanks taken by Mexican authorities after the accident? If so, were the tanks tested by the Mexican authorities and with what result?

Was a test for CO performed on the deceased by the Mexican medical examiner or by any other authority? If so, what result?

This isn't a court of law and the gear in the video looks like it could have been shipped from police impound, but laying a foundation would be helpful in making use of the information you've given us.

Where did this video come from?
Is this supposed to be a video from the actual investigation?
I understand that things are done differently in other countries and I don’t have any particular insight into this case but what government investigations release videos on Youtube? What about the chain of custody?
I’m not saying anything is true or false but the video doesn’t seem to depict any scientifically documented or reproducible results.
Again, the real questions are: Who made the video and who posted it on Youtube?

I don't have any agenda one way or another but I'm always suspicious of anything on Youtube. It's not hard to find purported videos of the U.S. government dissecting space aliens. If this video is real, we want to know more.

Where did this video come from?
Is this supposed to be a video from the actual investigation?

Who made the video and who posted it on Youtube?

Video was posted to Youtube by "John Diver" on 12/12/12

OP was by johnZdiver. Wonder if they know each other?

Back
Top Bottom