Accident in Germany, Starnbergersee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you see the first comment under the article by a diver named Ronnie? (Google translation)

Despite years of experience and in 2004 I had a problem at this site due to a tear in the neck cuff, caused by a fingernail, argon in my full face mask penetrated about 50 m depth. It was fortunate that I only a few minutes at this depth and the emergency exit was smoothly conducted.

Is there really a danger of the dry suit gas getting into a full face mask?

Possible he was concerned about asphyxiating from the lack of breathable gas due to the displacement of the in rushing argon.
But don't know how it could get into the mask, never thought they were connected. Cheers

Possible he was concerned about asphyxiating from the lack of breathable gas due to the displacement of the in rushing argon.
But don't know how it could get into the mask, never thought they were connected. Cheers

There is no way argon could get from my dry suit into my full face mask. No connection at all.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom