Cozumel dive boat propeller accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PGIC

New
Reaction score
I webmaster PropellerSafety.com and we received a call today (31 July 2014) from a man that just returned to the states from Cozumel. He was on a dive boat from AquaWorld Cozumel that struck a 16 year old Mexico City girl with its propeller. The girl was along on the tour. Her legs were very severely injured. The man would like to know if the girl lived. Does anybody know anything about this accident or her condition? I checked all the news sources we can find and see nothing about it. We have been covering snorkeling/diving propeller accidents for a while and would also like to find some more info on this one too.

He did not supply a date, but I suspect if was within the last week.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

gary polson
PropellerSafety.com

I webmaster PropellerSafety.com and we received a call today (31 July 2014) from a man that just returned to the states from Cozumel. He was on a dive boat from AquaWorld Cozumel that struck a 16 year old Mexico City girl with its propeller. The girl was along on the tour. Her legs were very severely injured. The man would like to know if the girl lived. Does anybody know anything about this accident or her condition? I checked all the news sources we can find and see nothing about it. We have been covering snorkeling/diving propeller accidents for a while and would also like to find some more info on this one too.

No idea about this incident, but props and divers get mixed up quite frequently.

Try asking [user]Christi[/user] - she owns Blue XtSea there and is in tune with all the goings on.

I seem to recall recent discussion on the Cozumel subforum of such an incident? Wasn't there some speculation and/or confirmation thst the diver was on the ladder intending to re enter the boat but the captain moved the boat to another group of divers?

I seem to recall recent discussion on the Cozumel subforum of such an incident? Wasn't there some speculation and/or confirmation thst the diver was on the ladder intending to re enter the boat but the captain moved the boat to another group of divers?
Different incident. That involved an American woman and the dive op was Papa Hog's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom