Tip tp dry inside boots / legs of flooded *dry suit"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgl51

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Typhoon (UK) Trilaminate suit with neoprene legs and welded rubber boots. I had the luck to flood my suit recently and my main problem is to get the inside, in particular legs and feet, dry again!

Any tip?

Thanks.

I bought a used suit and the manufacturer (who had the suit on consignment) advised me to wash it inside and out before using it. My suit is neoprene BTW. I questioned how to get the boot dry. They told me to get some nylon hose (with no holes or runs in them) and fill with kitty litter. Then tie off the top (tightly!) and insert one in each boot. Change out if necessary until your get the moisture out. I have to say it worked for me. I would recommend buying some cheap knee-high hose rather than full pantyhose.

Oh dear, a typhoo suit. Get used to it :)

The dampire things work really well - essentially glorified silica gel you reset in the microwave. They're about £10

But if you haven't got any theres a low cost method that works well - newspaper. Roll it into balls and stuff the boots and up through the ankles with it and leave overnight. Sucks the moisture out nicely.

Thanks. I'll try the paper first as I have no cat at home, but nice to know. Do not have access to the silica and have sold my microwave....

Typhoon, also known as "Typhoo" - a popular brand of teabag in the UK. Generally low quality suits that have very short shelf lives.

Have you tried turning it inside out?

The inside of my drysuit is always damp after diving. Mainly from combination of sweat and condensation. I could never get it completely dry mainly around the feet since it has turbo soles which can't be turned inside out.

I bought the Hang Air system from UK. It is a huge hanger with a large computer fan built into it. It usually dries the neoprene within a day.

Hangair Wetsuit Hanger Drying System

Thanks. I'll try the paper first as I have no cat at home

Me neither! Freaked out the landlord at my last flat when he saw the bag in the bathroom!:shocked2:

The paper should work. As CaveDiver mentioned turn your suite inside out as much as you can. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom