Console Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

philly777

Registered
Reaction score
What console do you use and would recommend:

Gauge with Depth measurement
Air-integrated computer console

What is the good one now on the market for rec diving?

Thank you!

Although you asked about console, but if I may. I'd go for wrist computer + transmitter + analog SPG (backup).

Thank you! In this case what is your favorite SPG and the one you would recommend please

I had a transmitter not work 3 times, once due to user error. Luckily i was able to borrow someone else's spare SPG each time. I have also had to deal with having to reset the channel on the transmitter many times. Whether due to simply not synching or others with the same, it is a PITA if you are getting ready to jump in. I have now ditched the tramsmitter for good.

They are nice and convenient, until they are not.

I use a Pro Plus A/I on one side and a SPG on the other to maintain redundacy (plus another Oceanic VEO on my wrist). The pro Plus allows me to download and track my air consumption (pretty geeky but I like tracking my dives) and both DC's run the same algorithim. Dive gear express sells good quality SPG's and braided hoses at a very good price. I am personally leery of wireless A/I as I have watched way to many other dives have problems with them. Probably the problems were user error but it seems to happen frequently.

I had a transmitter not work 3 times, once due to user error. Luckily i was able to borrow someone else's spare SPG each time. I have also had to deal with having to reset the channel on the transmitter many times. Whether due to simply not synching or others with the same, it is a PITA if you are getting ready to jump in. I have now ditched the tramsmitter for good.

They are nice and convenient, until they are not.

What was the brand?

Cobalt 2. Absolutely love mine. Very user friendly. Easy to see under water and absolutely a joy to use. I dive a BP/W and clip mine off to my left shoulder D ring. Just glance down and it is all right there.

Back
Top Bottom