henderson or waterproof hooded vest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hedgehog47

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
cant seem to find this in my local shop :

Henderson Thermoprene Men's 5/3 mm Hooded Vest at LeisurePro

was able to find a "waterproof" brand hooded vest, it has the hood and the vent on the hood as well. Wondering which one is better. the waterproof one i bought is very comfortable, only a bit of restriction felt when turning my head but otherwise feels excellent. Wondering if the henderson thermoprene would be signifigantly better. I have not removed the tags yet.

this is what i bought tonight. I have a dive tommorow AM

Waterproof U1 2/5mm Men's Hooded Vest with Hood Vent (HAVS) at LeisurePro

My son wears his Henderson Hooded Vest with his 7mm suit - loves it - it keeps him warm. Might be overkill for FL?

waterproof is a very high end brand, as is henderson, probably the two best wetsuit companies in the world as far as the big boys are concerned. The thermoprene will likely be less comfortable as the neoprene is quite a bit more dense, this gives it better insulative properties at depth but at the sacrifice of comfort.

waterproof is a very high end brand, as is henderson, probably the two best wetsuit companies in the world as far as the big boys are concerned. The thermoprene will likely be less comfortable as the neoprene is quite a bit more dense, this gives it better insulative properties at depth but at the sacrifice of comfort.
exactly what i needed to hear, thank you ! and this one looks very well made.

I just bought the Oceanic hooded vest from LeisurePro and was pleasantly surprised at the quality. I went with something inexpensive, since I will only use it very early and very late in the season and for relatively deep dives. At $29.95, it was a really good deal. I will wear my mask under it as the face opening is very small. My daughters are getting me a rash guard to wear with it under my wetsuit to further restrict water flow in the wetsuit ( $26.95). I have used a regular hood and a hooded vest, the vests are great because there is no water down the back. An important part is that your wetsuit has to have a fit that will allow the 2mm vest without becoming too restrictive.

Oceanic Ultra Men's 5/3mm Hooded Vest at LeisurePro
http://www.leisurepro.com/p-blrlm/neosport-unisex-lycra-spandex-skin-suit

I have looked at Henderson wetsuit and went for a Waterproof. Price wise they were about the same but quality wise Waterproof is in a different league.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom