Adding a D-ring to a Zeagle Ranger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDave711

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I have a Zeagle Ranger. I love it but, I wish it had a hip d-ring that was further back. My Ranger is a few years old and has the 6 d-rings. 2 on each arm and one on each hip. I occasionally sling an AL80 for more air but, I find that securing the stage tank clip to the hip d-ring places the tank too far in front of me and the tank ends up in my way. Is there anyone out there who as done any modification to their Ranger to add a hip d-ring further back on the waist?

My comparable experience. I made a Slot attachment for my Sherwood Axis so I could thread a crotch strap.

I used an oversized triglide, spare neoprene, and neoprene cement to glue a slot on my soft backing.
It worked great and never came undone. Didn't hurt that there wasn't much weight on it either.
AquaSeal should work too.

With stage slinging, most of your weight is always on the shoulder D-ring; both in the water and on land. So I'd bet that if you did the same thing with a D-ring, it would hold pretty well. Pretty sure you can use webbing instead of neoprene. If I ever redid this I'd used no-resin nylon webbing; more flexible, thinner (ie easier to work with), but same breaking strength as resin (ie. weightbelt webbing).
You can get some on strapworks.com

Make sure you do this on the harness and not the Bladder or weight pocket. Is there room behind your weight pocket?

Sherwood Axis Crotch Strap.jpg

Can you adjust the position of the rigging?
Too much free play?

I looked at my Ranger and to mount a D-Ring farther back gets a little interesting because it would have work around the Rip Cord cords and retaining eyelets and grommets. Mounting on the Cumberbun may be possible.

I have lots of experience with the Zeagle system BCDs. It is possible to return the BCD to Zeagle for some modifications but there are other methods far easier and not so expensive. I'll send a PM so we can discuss.

I have lots of experience with the Zeagle system BCDs. It is possible to return the BCD to Zeagle for some modifications but there are other methods far easier and not so expensive. I'll send a PM so we can discuss.
Dear Diver Dave,
Hello!
I have a Zeagle Zena and would like to add a d-ring to the right shoulder near where the flag is.
I’m not skilled at this sort of stuff and would rather not make any modifications that might void the warranty.
Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for your help,IMG_4D532B654A59-1.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom