What's a "badass" diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Storker

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
close to a Hell which occasionally freezes over
# of dives
100 - 199
According to the Are dry gloves kosher? thread, some divers apparently are "badass". I started wondering, what makes a dive - or a diver - diver "badass"? Long dives? Deep dives? Cold water? Poor viz? Currents? Feel free to suggest, discuss and elaborate.

(Yes, a bit of tongue in cheek here :) )

If I were to take the question seriously, I would say that a badass diver is one who is ambitious, determined, prudent, and utterly competent.

If I were to take it less seriously, I would say a badass diver is someone with 50 dives, a good grasp of jargon and all the right shiny bits hanging off their kit...

Any diver can be "badass", just see what happens when you strap a CCR to someone....

To me I would say a BADASS diver would be . A diver that has his trim nailed , can hold a stop in any condition with minimal to no movement .Has strong fining skills. Uses the right kick at right time a BADASS Diver would add back into the DIVE INDUSTRY . . He would share all his knowledge and skills/ tricks with other new divers , He would dive with any level diver . I guess in shot a diver that has his sh!t together and does not act like he is better than any one even if he is

I guess you have 3 categories of divers on OC the CCR are just cheaters :D jejeje :rofl3:, sorry guys I admire you, but you are cheating.

0 to 50m regular Joe

50 to 100m Hardcore Divers

100m + Badass Divers

And all the Commercial Super Saturated / Chamber divers, those are the Top Dogs, really nuts of steal, all those days inside a vessel, in a confined space, talking like Donald Duck, and that any minimum thing that go wrong will send you to the graveyard, yeah hands down they are the Top guys of the Badass divers.

Badass divers shore dive badass sites like this one, sometimes solo.

beavertail_jamestown_RI.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom