Apeks ATX200 2nd stage question about "PRESETTING THE SPRING ADJUSTER"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChangeAgent

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a ATX200 bought in 2004, that is where the first stage is mat.

My Manual states (page 9):

PRESETTING THE SPRING ADJUSTER
Push the spring adjuster (16) into the adjustment knob (19). Using a 5mm hex key, tighten the spring adjuster until flush with the top of the adjustment knob. Then turn the spring adjuster
CW six-360 degree turns to preset.

Here is the confusion; 'tighten the spring adjuster until flush with the top of the adjustment knob'. It is already flush if I put it in. So if I ignore this and start my six turns it works. After doing the six turns it leaves it one-360 degree turn short of the max it can turn. In other words it is the same as one turn ACW if i turn it first till it turns no more.

Do you guys think I understood this correct? Or does anybody have an other experience?

I just turn it in 3-4 rotations, the final adjustment is made with the lever height anyway. If you turn it in all the way, you won't have room to adjust it after. So after you set the lever height and dive it a few times, you can adjust this way. It's a little more convenient than pulling the hose and resetting the lever height. Be careful not to adjust too far out. The black plastic Apeks plug over the spring adjuster will fall out if not seated well. They are hard to come buy, doesn't affect the function, but doesn't look as nice.

I just turn it in 3-4 rotations, the final adjustment is made with the lever height anyway. If you turn it in all the way, you won't have room to adjust it after. So after you set the lever height and dive it a few times, you can adjust this way. It's a little more convenient than pulling the hose and resetting the lever height. Be careful not to adjust too far out. The black plastic Apeks plug over the spring adjuster will fall out if not seated well.

Thanks Bob, good info, I figured something like it, but was confused by the manual (that I only got recently, before I and a different manual that said it should be turned one full turn back).

They are hard to come buy, doesn't affect the function, but doesn't look as nice.
I know lost one once, but was lucky to have Apeks send me one direct after calling them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom