Aeris Software and a Mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmitch

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi

I have worked as an instructor and in the industry for an Aeris/Oceanic dealer for 5 years, but today realized something I have never before noticed and was very disappointed.

It appears that the software online and in the CD included with my new Epic watch is not groovy with a Mac. Is this true? Is there other software that I can use to download my dives onto a Mac? If not, is Aeris planning to release this software in a Mac friendly version?

I'm very surprised by this and will be warning my future customers of this before getting them excited about the USB cable included with their Epic purchase.....

Kristen

I am still looking for the kind of software that can work with my Cobra and Mac.

Anyone from Aeris wanna chime in? This is most unfortunate!!!

Doug, I understand that the coding for PC vs Mac is very different. I worked for Divers Supply for the last 5 years, who has one of the largest accounts with Aeris/Oceanic and NEVER once heard about this until I purchased one myself. Might I suggest that you more clearly label that it is only PC compatible. This day in age most people figure that they can always download it for a MAC, not having that available is very disappointing for such a large company and large name in scuba mfg.

I am still looking for the kind of software that can work with my Cobra and Mac.

Not sure why this is on the Aeris forum, but for Cobra, look at DiveLog

I was only complaining about how MAC users are often left out when it comes to equipment software. I looked at Divelog but the instructions needed to to be more specific for me. Thanks reefduffer.

any headway into the Mac compatibility issue???

It's called macdive2 It is the first software I have come accross that makes sense. It supports tons of different dive computers. If your computer is not on the supported devices list, you can send them a request and they will ask you for some specs and create the needed code to support your computer. So simple it seams ridiculous. Supports different computers within the same divelog. Easy record entry and editting. Intuitive user interface. Cheap!! Everythng Aeris missed.

We should all support people/companies like this. Lord knows Aeris does not give a crap about their software or how it works or the need to support it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom