XR2 Battery replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rellbee

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just changed my battery and all went well until it was time to reinstall the clear battery hatch with the o-ring. I couldn't get it to seat no matter how hard i pushed with my thumb. Is there a trick to it? Manual just says to set completely and evenly with thumb. Any help is greatly appreciated

I just changed my battery and all went well until it was time to reinstall the clear battery hatch with the o-ring. I couldn't get it to seat no matter how hard i pushed with my thumb. Is there a trick to it? Manual just says to set completely and evenly with thumb. Any help is greatly appreciated

I had to go through hell to get mine to seat also. I don't know of any tricks. Just keep working at it and hold your mouth / tongue a little different. :)

Be careful not to stretch the o-ring or it won't seat. I ran the o-ring through my fingers applying silicone , which was the wrong way to do it and it apparently stretched. I had to buy another one.

I ended up using a screwdriver to turn the retaining ring to help me seat the hatch. Then I put pressure on the hatch with my thumb again and removed the retaining ring, up onto my thumb again. At that point I could tell that the clear hatch was seated properly and the retaining ring then turned easily into it's locking position.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom