5 Oceans for women?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CavemanScuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at getting a BC for my wife. Is the 5 Oceans a good fit for women? Or is it mainly a "men's specific"?

Dont Know if you have made a decision yet but i would go with the Aeris Wahini (sp?). Its the new womens BC from Aeris that has extra lumbar support and is cut to fit a womans curves. It also has adjustable shoulder straps to accomadate the womans needs.

My daughter loves her new Oceanic Hera. Says its way more comfortable than the rental stuff.

The oceanic hera is the exact same as the Aeris Wahini since aeris and oceanic are virtually the same company. Well built BC for women, and from my customers the wahini is way more comfortable for a woman than the 5 oceans is

If your wife is in the least bit curvy (bust or hip), I would buy a BC that is specific to women.

I would also recommend allowing her to pick it out herself. She may have considerations that you aren't aware of.

I can't comment at all on the 5 Oceans - though i occasionally wonder if I should have got it rather than my Atmos LX. My wife is a big fan of her Aeris Contour which is identical to the Wahini just the previous model with a slightly different color scheme.

Of course the proper thing to do is have your wife go down to an Aeris dealer and try them out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom