Can't link my aeris epic to the transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got my epic, will be diving tomorrow morning - but have a major issue - epic says that the transmitter is NotAvail(able). Ok pull my hair out, but figured out reading the retarded manual how to set the TMT1 transmitter code - sure enough the code was set correct: what was there corresponds to the numbers on the outside of the transmitter. And the TMT1 is set to ON, and the transmitter is connected to the HP port on my reg, which is connected to a full tank with the valve open

So does anyone have any more troubleshooting steps to try to get the epic watch to talk to the transmitter?

And let me repeat for the umpteenth time that the manual sucks.

You've probably already done this so I apologize in advance (but sometimes even the simple things slip by us).

Put the computer in front of the transmitter (where it would be if you were wearing it) and turn the tank valve off. Wait a few seconds and then slowly open the tank valve back up.

I've had my epic fail to sync a few times and that's fixed it every time.

The two things I do with my epic to make it connect are the slow turn on described by rwgodfrey and to manually program it into the epic if I ever update it via the sync cable. I have noticed that info put into the Aeris PC software does not properly show up in the epic when synced. I have to go into the epic itself and fix the TMT number every time I update anything on the epic. (I don't have to do this if I am simply downloading dives.)

thanks guys for the pointers. I got it to link yesterday morning at the dive site by touching or nearly touching it to the transmitter. It seemed funny that I need to to do be that close, especially when the manual just said 6 ft.

Unfortunately, about 28 minutes into the first dive the watch completely died on me - screen went blank, and it started a long continuous beep. I ended the dive, called aeris on my cell from the parking lot, and the support guy said the watch was dead likely due to a water leak. I opened the battery compartment (1st time I did that), and the battery had leaked acid into the watch. Guess that might explain why the linking didn't work as well as expected. Hopefully this is not indicative of Aeris' overall quality, but I don't have a great taste in my mouth between this and the manual.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. I've only made 8 dives with mine so far but it's done well in dives to 107ffw and 56F. I too hope your experience is not indicative of their quality. Keep us posted on how they treat you.

I use oceanic's version of the watch, i have never had any problems with it except for me braking off the alarm light and my dog chewing the band, i sent it back to oceanic to replace the light and strap and to get the new firmware update and they did everything under warranty, they have great customer service and a great product, if it is within 30 days they will send you brand new everything.

thanks guys for the pointers. I got it to link yesterday morning at the dive site by touching or nearly touching it to the transmitter. It seemed funny that I need to to do be that close, especially when the manual just said 6 ft.

While I don't know anything about Aeris, I can tell you that 1st (or re-) pairing of bluetooth has to pass some wickets -- that makes sure that your watch doesn't 'pair up' to someone else's tank.

My Uwatec also wants to be touching or almost touching to pair . . . but once paired, six feet works just fine.

It's all about safety.

Sorry to hear about your battery -- Let us know how Aeris supports you, please?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom