Elite T3 Won't Download

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rehmwa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I can get to the countdown on the dive computer, and when I select start (>) it tries the handshake and then "Time Out" - no dives download.

This is the 2nd download I've tried. The first time worked just fine.

New PC and software. Version 2.2.3

very frustrating

Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Got it - the three contacts and their pogo pins do not align very well - I had to dink around with it to get it to ensure all 3 contacts (just getting the countdown to initiate doesn't mean the cable is fully plugged and ready for the download too). Once those aligned, just have to keep the DC very still and hope the final download completes. The tolerances on the interface cable and the port in the DC really should be much tighter controlled, that's an easy thing and very manufacturable - the slop in the fit is visually obvious.

then no issues from there - it's a nice program

I have a note into Aeris, maybe I simply need to replace the interface cable. If not, I can make this work, but it's annoying.

Good thing the comp is really nice.

FYI - Aeris team contacted me within a day of reporting the problem and they had this solution and a bunch of other things for me to try. I'm really impressed with them.

Last edited:
My wife and I both use the Elite T3.

I always have the same problem as you with my wife's T3, but never a problem with mine. In fact, I'm having problem with hers right now and searching for a solution.

my wife and i have the 3 to we have to wiggel the cabel to get it to work but other than that they are nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom