Bizarre Temperature Readings - Elite T3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CalBearister99

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
A question for the Aeris rep here on the board. I've got an Elite T3, and it comes up with some bizarro temperature readings sometimes - always after losing the signal. For example, the log shows I'm down 12 minutes, temp down to 67F. Then I lose the signal for about 30 seconds and the temperature starts climbing - it then climbs steadily to 91F by the end of the dive.

Everything else works fine - I'm guessing it's just a math error in the processor that freaks out when it loses a signal. My first one had that issue too, and I swapped it out with the retailer, so please let me know if I'm wrong and it's just a second defective unit :)

Hi, Calbear,

Umm, I am a serious novice, so maybe not all on top of things, . . . but how can you trust your life to an instrument that malfunctions? If you cannot trust all the functions, how can you trust the computer?

One reason I have faith in my dive computer is that when it failed, it died. No mis-trust, it either works, or not.

Having one that "mostly works" . . . . eeewwwwuuu.

Yeah, that's what's leading me to ask the question :) On the one hand, temperature isn't really misson critical information - and it only seems to go awry on the download (none of the data on the computer itself seems bad). But, like you said, it's disconcerting that it doesn't work perfectly....

Yeah, that's what's leading me to ask the question :) On the one hand, temperature isn't really misson critical information - and it only seems to go awry on the download (none of the data on the computer itself seems bad). But, like you said, it's disconcerting that it doesn't work perfectly....

:confused: . . . so when you say "when it loses a signal", you are talking about downloading it?

I thought you were talking about a wireless (hoseless) air integrated, and when you lost the signal, the temperature climbed . . . .

???

I am - when I download it and look at the dive chart, it shows the signal gets lost at some point (normal), then the temperature begins climbing (not normal). I don't notice it while I'm diving because I never really look up the temperature (and it only logs the min. temp on the wrist unit).

Dude, you are either one brave or one crazy M-<blank> F-<Blank> !!!

Sorry to be blunt, but if I cannot trust the whole thing, I would not trust it at all . . . . .

You should give them the version of the software you are using and serial number of the t3

Called Aeris and they're going to do a warranty repair. The problem is apparently with the computer communicating with the download chip - explaining why it's only an issue on my download log.

Aeris' responsiveness has been great by the way. Very helpful and accomodating.

Back
Top Bottom