750 gt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2psquared

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A good friend had a 750 gt. It has been in the closet for several years. I am taking a look at it to see if I have any interest in purchasing. Put a new battery in the display module and tried to activate. Nothing! The only thing that is going on is a very light whistle or tone coming from the unit while the battery is in place. Any hope here?

When you turn it on, every symbol on the screen lights up and all the numbers count down from 9 to 0. I'd say put one more battery in it (go to DiveAeris.com - Scuba Gear, Scuba Equipment and Dive Gear, click on "service & support" and then "Manuals" to get the book on it) and see what happens. Make sure it's a 3.6 volt CR1/2AA battery. There are 3.0 volt CR1/2AA batteries out there and they will not work.

Thanks for you attempt at help. Aeris reps never responded to this post. I made sure the battery was new and correct. Dead, zippo!!! I emailed Aeris and received a quick response of SOL!! No parts, no repair. Pretty amazing until you read reviews on the internet of this particular computer. Had about 25 dives on it. Glad I have my old dependeble Genesis React bought at the same time at the 750 gt at about a 1/4 of the price.

I love my 750GT, period. I bought an Atom 2 for a backup, it stays in the box. The 750GT has all the displays right where I need to see them for intuitive safety.

I'd surely try to revive that thing. I'm wondering what's wrong with it. It's very much worth the trouble to get it to work.

FWIW - the transmitter for the 750GT will also work with the Atom 2 and Datamask computers. So even if the computer is dead, the transmitter has some value.
I had a 750GT purchased as a refurb and probably did 50 or so dives on it. Was a nice unit.

I also bought a used aeris 750GT how do you turn it off? I left it along for 50 minutes and nothing and I tried to find it in the menus. If anybody can help please do.

The manual is online and you will find the answer to you question in it, You should read the manual before diving the computer.

I also bought a used aeris 750GT how do you turn it off? I left it along for 50 minutes and nothing and I tried to find it in the menus. If anybody can help please do.

Hi haverfield i bought one off a friend and it usualy turns off after about 15min but sometimes stayed on longer and i would remove the battery or just loosen the screw and retighten when i needed it. some other advice make sure you reset all alarms before diving as i forgot to reset the max depth and did a deeper dive and it went blank now it works to 10 mtr then goes blank. ive contacted aeris to see if it can be reprogramed as it could be dangerous and i like it a lot and dont want to get rid of it cameraman.

I have a 750GT nice Computer very intuitive, nice big display. The only thing I don't like about it is that i have to set the Nitrox before every dive.

Back
Top Bottom