any trick to linking the transmitter of a compumask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sean326

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm having a bit of trouble getting my mask and transmitter on speaking terms. I'm not bad with dive computers, i've had just about every one made in the last 20 years and figured them all out, but this one has me stumped.

I got the compumask for my minimalistic travel rig for when i have to dive open circuit (read that as locations with no rebreather support). For some reason all of my wife's favorite vacation spots have very little dive or rebreather support.... any way i digress.

This is my second compumask in 2 years, my first one was linked at the factory but flooded on the first dive. kinda a cool experience a real small electrical fire an inch from my eye about 80ft down off airport reef in jamaica. My dealer and his rep were cool they took the old one back mumbled something about a batch of bad screws on the cover plate and gave me a new mask. This next one needed to be linked to my old transmitter. I've read the manual backwards and forwards and there is only 1 small cryptic section about how to link them. Part of the problem is when you input the serial # from the transmitter. There are 5 spots for numbers but the serial # is 9 digits long. So i scrolled through to see how the number for the mask ID was entered (its the last 5 digits of the first group of numbers) That didn't work, so i entered every other possible combination and nothing else worked.

any ideas?

my VT3 uses the first six numbers from the transmitter but if you dont have 6 numbers try leaving off the first zero

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom