Aeris Roller Bag falling apart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

We bought an Aeris Roller bag in March 2007 or 2008. It's the same bag as here: DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Gear Bags - Roller. It advertises "Ballistic nylon construction with reinforced wear areas". We paid around the same price, $220.

It has made only two trips - Cozumel and Fiji. Yet, the zipper pulls have snapped, and the bag is coming apart at the seams. It seems there is nothing to keep the material from fraying apart and the seam's stitching just separates the material. We are really disappointed at how fragile this bag is.

Is there anything you can do? Do you offer repair services? I will post pictures if you wish.

have you called them directly or taken the bag to the local dive shop that promotes Aeris?

this forum isn't always manned

Not yet . . . the thing has just ripped so many times this one trip. I have to wait until I am home.

i bought 3 of them we had to wrap two of them up to get them home from the last trip from bonaire they replaced them when we got home.my dive shop owner was mad when he seen them come through the air port,he was with me

I also have an Aeris bag, and it is the worst bag you could imagine. Thus far, I have been fortunate not to have lost anything packed in it. Took it to Roatan, and packed gear for two in it. Figured it was the full load that caused the zipper to separate. Forgot about it, then took it to Saba and had a similar issue. Again, forgot about it, and this time had the zipper open when flying north to dive the St Lawrence. Guess I need to junk the bag, before I forget it has a problem and pack it for my trip to Bonaire this summer.

Actually, I am shopping around for a new roller duffle (non dive logo) bag. Any suggestions for something that is fairly light in weight, yet tough in endurance?

My LDS is returning it to Aeris . . . Maybe yours could do the same?

Back
Top Bottom