What is the latest ACI s/w?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bperrybap

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Doug,
Could you give a quick overview of what the latest ACI software is and how to get it?

It seems to be a bit confusing, at least to me, as there seems to be different versions of the code that
all have the same revision number on them and the auto update doesn't seem to be updating
to the most recent downloadable s/w posted on the download web page.

I had 2.2.2 - built 04.03.09
Auto update said the version was up to date.

Yet I just downloaded 2.2.2 - built 08.05.09
from the main download web page.
Adding to my confusion is that this 08.05.09 build shows a posted date of 1/22/10.
It is also the 4th version of 2.2.2 ACI that I have downloaded in the past 10 months.
And the release notes, haven't been kept up to date.
So there is no way of knowing what is in these different 2.2.2 versions.

So can you write a quick blurb on what the latest ACI version is and how to get it
either manually or with auto update, and if that latest version fixes the y2010
download issue that exists on certain models?

It would very helpful.

--- bill

I am having the same download issues..My hard drive crashed, I reloaded the software on my laptop and now it won't connect. Help Doug I am going to Cozumel in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doug,
Could you give a quick overview of what the latest ACI software is and how to get it?

It seems to be a bit confusing, at least to me, as there seems to be different versions of the code that
all have the same revision number on them and the auto update doesn't seem to be updating
to the most recent downloadable s/w posted on the download web page.

I had 2.2.2 - built 04.03.09
Auto update said the version was up to date.

Yet I just downloaded 2.2.2 - built 08.05.09
from the main download web page.
Adding to my confusion is that this 08.05.09 build shows a posted date of 1/22/10.
It is also the 4th version of 2.2.2 ACI that I have downloaded in the past 10 months.
And the release notes, haven't been kept up to date.
So there is no way of knowing what is in these different 2.2.2 versions.

So can you write a quick blurb on what the latest ACI version is and how to get it
either manually or with auto update, and if that latest version fixes the y2010
download issue that exists on certain models?

It would very helpful.

--- bill

+1!!!

This is really frustrating ... between the erratic version numbering and outdated information on Aeris' software site ... it's hard to know what's what with any level of confidence.
:confused:

I too had installed ACI v2.2.2 (Build 04.03.09). Although in Aeris defense I think that this build was only put out there as a BETA. I'm pretty sure I got this build from ScubaBoard at:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/aeris/278779-aeris-aci-2-2-2-beta.html

I just updated my installation to ACI v2.2.2 (Build 08.05.09) released on 1/22/2010. This appears to be an "official" release as it was posted to Aeris' website at:
DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Services - Software

I immediately ran the new Auto Update feature within ACI and it informed me that v2.2.3 was available as of 4/27/2010. However, when I attempt to download this new version via the update tool I get an error.

I am able to download the updated release history file for v2.2.3. I have attached it for reference.

Note that Aeris website still reflects v2.2.2 as the current version of ACI, and the release history file is for v2.2.0:
http://www.diveaeris.com/Software/Release History.txt
:no:

Note the related thread at:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/aeris/278779-aeris-aci-2-2-2-beta.html

Attachments

• Aeris Computer Interface.2.2.3.Release.txt
    8.2 KB · Views: 71

Back
Top Bottom