Elite displays ALT and won't log dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toddthecat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I imagine ALT has something to do with altitude, especially since I was around 5,000 ft. After hitting the button on the front it displays the countdown and turns off. Oh and in all the years I have had it, it only downloads dive info to a computer about 10% of the time. I've tried about 15 different computers but it is always very stingy about it....

It should work at 5000 ft, I would try soaking it in warm water and vinegar for 30 min if that does not fix it time for a repair. What your sampling rate.

My Aeris is not the same model as yours, but has done the same thing off and on for several years. Sometimes changing the battery works. Otherwise, I've had to return it to them for repair each time. They seem to be familiar with the problem, and have never given me a hard time about it. Call their service center directly and describe it to them....each time, they've sent me a form to fill out and return with the computer, with a work ticket number. I think I've had to send it back 3 times for the same issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom