Update Aeris Software Anytime Soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aaronp

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have Windows 7.
When I try to install the drivers for my Aeries USB Computer interface, the software from the Aeries site installs an FTDI driver that was apparently made before Windows 7. (version 1.0.2154.1)
This causes my computer to BSOD the instant I plug in the Aeries USB interface. Then, my computer won't reboot.
I go into Safe mode and delete ftdibus.sys from the Windows/System32/Drivers directory and my computer will boot again, but another device (a 30 dollar interface for a scanner radio) doesn't work without the ftdi driver.
So I install the drivers for the radio interface and it installs the latest version of ftdibus.sys (version 2.6.2) and my radio interface works properly, but the AERIS USB interface DOES NOT WORK. It shows up in my devices as "2002 Design, Inc. USB Download Interface (COM16)" but the AERIS software shows NO DEVICE ATTACHED.

I actually managed to get it to work by installing an older version (2.6.0) of ftdibus.sys from the ftdi website (Virtual COM Port Drivers), but that disables my other device. WHY CAN'T I HAVE BOTH DEVICES WORKING AT THE SAME TIME?
WHEN IS AERIS GOING TO UPDATE THEIR SOFTWARE TO SOMETHING THAT WORKS WITH WINDOWS 7? At least update the driver software with CURRENT ftdi drivers!!

It shouldn't be this difficult to download data from a dive computer that costs more than some laptops!!

Look like your systems configuration adn the aeris stuff does not work on comm port that high. If I remember correctly it no high then comm 8.

Well, with the older, but not current, driver (that works with Windows 7), it worked just fine with that COM port.

But when you kill the scanner you most likely open up the lower comm ports and when you reinstalled it grab the lower ports. but you did not confirm it in your post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom