aeris epic issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bent1972

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have used my epic for about 20 dives no problem. On my last dive I was at 100 with about 9 minutes of NDL. The computer started telling me "high n up" despite the fact that is was showing 9 more minutes. It did the same thing on the next dive and I had about 40 minutes of ndl.

Also the battery symbol comes on but when I check the battery it says that it is good. This thing worked like a charm when i got it but it seems to be going to hell all of a sudden. Anyone else have these issues.

:shakehead:My daughter and I bought two Epic systems about three years ago and we don't really care for ours either. I found them hard to set and the instructions are not very informative. For a week on an 8-day liveaboard my daughter's switched to what we think is a gauge setting and constinently indicated that her NI was too high...we could never reset it. We used some of the features that we think was still accurate between hers and mine and other people's computers on board the boat that week. THe next day I was looking for a new computer system. We like the tank intregation idea but we are not fans of Aeris.:shakehead:

:shakehead:My daughter and I bought two Epic systems about three years ago and we don't really care for ours either. I found them hard to set and the instructions are not very informative. For a week on an 8-day liveaboard my daughter's switched to what we think is a gauge setting and constinently indicated that her NI was too high...we could never reset it. We used some of the features that we think was still accurate between hers and mine and other people's computers on board the boat that week. THe next day I was looking for a new computer system. We like the tank intregation idea but we are not fans of Aeris.:shakehead:

Hi. Sounds to me like the alarm you mention is the nitrogen bar alarm - not the dive time remaining alarm. Both alarms are user selectable and are set independent of one another. If you set the NI Bar alarm at 4 bars it alarms before DTR goes to zero. If you set it at 5 bars it alarms at Deco which I believe is not too useful. My read of this is that it is a heads up to pay more attention to dive time remaining.

I have an Aeris Manta and was upset the first few times it did this but it is all per the manual. You could set the NI Bar alarm at 5 bars and set the dive time remaining alarm at 5 minutes (or something) and get the same effect without the startling early alarm.

Hope this helps.

Just went to the manual. The message UP-HIGH-NI is the NIBG (NI Bar Graph) setting - probably set at 4 bars. The message LOW-DIVE-TIME is the DTR set point you have put in there. If you set the NIBG to 5 bars it would be your warning that you just entered Deco.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom