Aeris Manta Alternate Time Setting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamesshaver

Reaction score
I was given an Areis Manta and I can't figure out how to set the Alternate Time Setting

The watch is on main time. then the instructions say press the M button for 2 seconds and the watch goes to alternate time, this is ok.

Then instructions say press A and S buttons for 2 seconds to access Alt time mode with the set point flashing.

This does not work, nothing happens. Alt time remains on OFF.

According to the manual, page 23, The instructions say to press the M button for less than 2 seconds to go to ALTERNATE TIME. Then it looks like you can hold A and S to get to the set alt time screen (from page 24). The alt time is set based on hour differential by the way - you set it to plus or minus 5 hours which is then added or deducted from the main time my the PC.

Not that it matters but I have an Oceanic GEO which is basically the same - it is interesting however how different the steps are to set my "dual time" vs. the Aeris Alternate time

I just got an Aeris Manta too and it was driving me crazy trying to figure out how to set the alternate time. I was glad to see your post so that I knew it wasn't just me being an idiot that I couldn't figure it out. Well after more than an hour I finally figured it out.

On page 20 of the manual there is a note that MAIN TIME must be slected as the Local Default Time in order to set the time and date.

I think in all of the button pushing I managed to switch them, even though ALTERNATE TIME was still off. Near as I can tell there isn't a way to know which time is set to local default time. Maybe there is but I couldn't tell.

Anyway, to actually set the ALTERNATE TIME I first went to the MAIN TIME screen and pushed the Select button and held it for two seconds and the display flashed once. Then I pressed the mode button to go to the ALTERNATE TIME screen and pressed the Select and Advance buttons simultaneously for two seconds and voila! the time set started flashing. I pressed the select button until I got the +1 hour that I was looking for and pressed the advance button and it was set.

I hope this helps save someone else some time and frustration.

Thanks Dive Nav. I did already register my computer and started taking the free classes.

Just returned from my honeymoon in Curacao and had a chance to use our new computers and they worked great. The buttonology for the computers is a little confusing and the manual doesn't help, so I was glad for the classes.

I just got an Aeris Manta too and it was driving me crazy trying to figure out how to set the alternate time. I was glad to see your post so that I knew it wasn't just me being an idiot that I couldn't figure it out. Well after more than an hour I finally figured it out.

On page 20 of the manual there is a note that MAIN TIME must be slected as the Local Default Time in order to set the time and date.

I think in all of the button pushing I managed to switch them, even though ALTERNATE TIME was still off. Near as I can tell there isn't a way to know which time is set to local default time. Maybe there is but I couldn't tell.

Anyway, to actually set the ALTERNATE TIME I first went to the MAIN TIME screen and pushed the Select button and held it for two seconds and the display flashed once. Then I pressed the mode button to go to the ALTERNATE TIME screen and pressed the Select and Advance buttons simultaneously for two seconds and voila! the time set started flashing. I pressed the select button until I got the +1 hour that I was looking for and pressed the advance button and it was set.

I hope this helps save someone else some time and frustration.

Thanks for this. I had the same problem and couldn't work it out from the instruction booklet. This fixed the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom