Aeris Elite T3 60 footDelay Violation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h2ofria

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I took my new T3 on it's first dive trip la few weeks ago. On the 5th dive I got a "Passed 60ft Delay Violation" in 21 feet of water (max depth on the dive was 37 feet) with only two previous dives below 60 feet (one to 66 and one to 67 both for about 45 minutes) over three days. I never got above level 4 or 5 on the NIBG.

When this Delayed Violation occurred my Air Time Remaining went from 16 minutes to 17+hours then dropped back to16 minutes after I descended a few feet. My dive time remaining dropped from 9+ hours to 6.5 hours.

In addition after my second dive with this T3 my log showed a page where I was at 250 feet for 5:45 hours/min in 255 degree water and did not go into deco. This log page does not show up on my desktop computer and I cannot find it again on the dive computer.

At the time I was also using an Aeris ai hose unit that I have had for several years, it did not show either of these events.

I forgot to ask the question? Did I actually enter a Delayed Violation or does the computer need to bne checked?

I sent my T3 back twice for this problem. Both times the service folks were very pleasant, but said tis a 1 in a million problem. Guess I should play the lottery because I had it happen twice and my buddy had the same failure, right out of the box on dive 3.

Next problem I had after repair 2 was lost link elevation errors. It would trip to an elevation dive at 1,500 feet, but not rest back to elv 1 until I went to 500 feet. Went back again, and was replaced.
Yesterday 30 minutes into the dive the link was lost and stayed lost for 15 minutes. Thank fully I’ve now stared to dive with a backup computer. Left the unit sit on shore with the computer attached to the BCD. Showing 000 psi for 10 mins. Then out of the blue it started showing pressure again. I’m waiting to hear form tech support on the latest failure.
Thinking its time to buy a UWATEC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom