Elite T3 NDL Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sanjac

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,
I have had my Aeris Elite T-3 for a couple of years now. I just dove Pelileu and the high nitrogen would alarm, yet my backup dive computer and my dive buddy's computer were nowhere near close to the NDL limit. Unfortunately, I am nowhere near an authorized Aeris dealer right now. Has anyone heard of only the NDL giving a bad reading? Everything else appears to be working normally. Is there anything I can do locally to reset it and correct the sensitivity?

Jim

The T3 does have a 'conservative' mode. That could be set.
The T3 Manual is here.

Hi DarkCoffee,

That was the first thing I checked. Not set to conservative mode. It seemed to calm down though and appears to be working normal again - matching my other dive computer again. Not sure what it was about those couple of dives, but I'm heading back to Guam and will have it checked out there. Thanks for the reply.

Jim

Were you diving Nitrox (computer set to some Nitrox setting) just prior to the warning you were getting?

Hi DarkCoffee,

No, I was in Peleliu and they only had air available. I'm back on Guam now, so I'll turn it in and have them check it out. I just hope they don't have to send it off. I don't like the idea of sending in what has been a great dive computer until this potential issue, just to receive one that was someone else's problem computer - granted, it is supposed to have been rebuilt and everything, but still - who knows how the prior owner took care of it. Just like all of my dive equipment, I take great care of mine. I hate to send it in to get a prior-owned, prior defective dive computer in its place.

Jim

The only thing the dive shop can do is see if it was in 50% default mode from the nitrox setting or the NIBG was set to low, but most likely the dive shop sent it to aeris and their just going to service it and you get a different computer back.

..., but most likely the dive shop sent it to aeris and their just going to service it and you get a different computer back.
Probably so, I am on my THIRD Elite T3 in a year. The prior two were returned for a different problem. Both had the same problem, see my other posts! On today's dive it was showing "UP > HIGH > NI" from the moment I descended until the end of the dive. Looking in the manual later I see this is a message in FREE DIVING mode only. I was on Air, no prior dives, and not going below 30 feet on a short dive. No settings had changed from prior dives and it was set to wet activation (I didn't even turn it on, let alone change modes). So I ignored the computer.
I am about done with these "not so" Elite T3's

I went diving about a week ago and on the second dive with 36% I got the same UP>HI NI warning. I looked at the nitrogen loading graph and it was giving me an alarm at the setting I had it set to. I went and looked during the dive and it still told me 41 minutes of no deco time remaining.. but the computer was set to alarm right before the graph went into the yellow. So I continued the dive knowing that I still had 41 minutes remaining. I plan to change the setting to have it midway through the yellow before it starts alarming. It seems that the graph is very conservative.

Back
Top Bottom