Atmos AI quick disconnect kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I notice that they sell a QD kit for the Atmos AI for about 100 bucks. Is this simply a replacement hose for a unit that already has the QD installed, or is it an add-on for one that didn't. If it is an add-on, how hard is it to install and what is involved? I was thinking about buying one without to save a bit of cash and add the QD later if I decided it might be worthwhile.

I'm not sure if you can add it later, but trust me, it's worth it to have. You'll want to have your computer inside with you for logging dives. Also, when I'm on a liveaboard or at a dive resort where the dive gear is out of your sight often I like to keep my computer with me. Not sure if theft is common, but I don't like to take chances.

The QD fittings have to be installed on the computer and hose fitting. I agree that it's worth the money. You really need to have the ability to keep the computer with you. I take mine back to the hotel (or wherever) for safekeeping, and then recall my dives. It also allows you to take just the computer to your PC and use the software for logging. I'm sure Aeris can install for you.

DB

Back
Top Bottom