CompuMask Battery Compartment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwashbur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I love my CompuMask, let me get that out of the way first. I've had it for about six months, and I've noticed lately that the transmitter seems to lose connection to the mask a lot. I decided to try the simplest solution first and got new batteries for both.

Here's where it gets weird. I was following the directions in the manual for changing the batteries. Transmitter, no problem. Clean the O-ring, lubricate it, put the battery in the right way, close up, cool. Then I opened the battery compartment on the mask itself.

No O-ring.

Looks like there never was.

Is there any model of this unit that doesn't use one, or did I get somebody's oversight? I got this mask new over the counter and have never opened the compartment before, so I know it's nothing I did. Is the O-ring-less approach something more recent that the manual hadn't caught up with, or do I need to track one down? I've had no problems with leakage, so the mask doesn't seem to mind. I just want to make sure I can use this thing for a very long time, because it's one of the handiest pieces of gear I ever bought.

What should I do?

Thanks!

You're lucky it didn't leak but you will need a o-ring. But check the grove for the o-ring it may be stuck in the grove.

It's official: either I need new glasses, or I'm a complete idiot. Apparently the O-ring was stuck to the battery cover and I didn't see it. I put the cover back on, then later went back and took it off again, and the O-ring fell out at me. All I can say is:

Duu-uu-uh...................

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom