Aeris AI software issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidnPeggy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Aeris AI dive computer software issues
I really would like some help getting access to the dive logs on my Aeris AI Dive computer. I have been using the supplied software with updates from the Aeris support website since September of 2009.
I keep trying the software hoping for a different result .... (definition of insanity).
I love the computer, but the PC software does not run correctly on my windows 7 computer. When I download new dives to my PC the dive site and dive locations do not always work/update. The software periodically assigns its own dive site and then will not allow me to change it in the dive log or dive location sections. I have reported problem on the areis technical support website every year. No feedback, no solution, nothing.

David

I, like you, am not a huge fan of the Aeris Computer Software...The good news is that it's currently WAY better than it was 10 years ago...I'm a little perplexed as to why this software is so buggy and difficult to use, as dive logs are really pretty basic databases.

Anyway, I've had a problem similar to yours...using version 2.2.7 Beta on Build 7.22.11 on a well-functioning Windows 7 platform. When new dives are downloaded, I have a little trouble navigating to them in the dive log and/or adding locations and sites...Also, when editting, occasionally, the software just bails totally and I have to reload...other times, I can't seem to get the dive location functionality to work, or navigate to the dives at all...BUT, I did get it to work ultimately, so stick with it...

I *THINK*, IIRC, that the way I got around this was to go to the Dive Log, Dive Tab area, then go up to the dive listings at the top, and use the pull down list to navigate to the newly downloaded dives (using previous and next dive arrows wouldn't go to the new stuff for some reason...I had to use the pulldown list to get to the new data)...Then, once I actually got to a newly downloaded dive, suddenly it let me navigate using the previous and next dive arrows, and even the "last dive" arrow...THEN, in order to put in dive locations/sites, I had to manually go to each new dive and select a location from the location pull down (a little bit of a pain if you're doing a big batch all in the same location, but that's life)...THEN, you have to navigate away from the dive using left or right arrows (not the drop down list this time!), and the software prompts you whether you want to change/save the dive data...say yes...then, voila, it keeps the data you just entered...if you enter a location and then nav away to the next dive using the drop down dive list (which was the only way to get to the new dive initially), then it won't save your changes!

Hope that helps you a bit!

BTW, anybody know how to edit dive details that have been downloaded?!? I understand why they probably make this tough, but I have one dive where (battery must've been low!?!) I have a fluke depth gauge reading of like 280 fsw....all other data points were like 60...obviously a data capture/transmission error...would like to edit that one data point in the dive log, as it's throwing off my stats a bit! Can't figure out how to modify something like this though. I am sure there's some way to copy the data, repaste it as a manually entered dive, and edit it then, but it seems like there should be an easier way to simply modify a single data point in the log?

Thanks for your inputs... I will try out your suggestions.
David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom