Computer Froze!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmartz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I have an Elite T3 computer with the wireless transmitter. On one of my dives last week the computer froze mid dive when it gave me the 1500PSI turn around warning. It stayed frozen until I pushed a button, and then continued like normal. It then froze again right when I got to 20 feet and it went into 15ft safety stop mode. The count down only started after I pushed a button.

When I got to the surface the dive boat crew was asking me to give them my maximum depth and remaining PSI. I could give them the PSI but when I looked in the log for the depth, it told me that the dive was logged in GAUG mode and that I went into DECO on the nitrogen loading. It is impossible that I went into GAUG mode because this was dive #17 of a week of diving and you can't change modes until the computer clears after 24 hours. I know I wasn't in DECO either. So I plugged the computer into my computer to download the dive data from it and see what was going on. I was able to get the depth and give it to the crew that way, and when I looked in the log, it showed me 4 DECO alarms and at the very end of the dive it had my depth changing a lot over a very short period of time.

It gets better! I put the computer down and 2 hours later, while getting ready for another dive, I look at the computer and it only credited me with a 7 minute surface interval. I pushed a button to change the display and the counter started counting the surface interval normally. So the computer seems to like freezing up.

I had an issue with the clock not keeping time over the summer and had some weird pressure readings. Those went away and I have been diving with an analog gauge ever since, and the analog gauge matches the computer.

But now the computer has just plain started acting weird. Time to send it back for service. I was trying to avoid it, but I guess I don't have any choice this time around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom