Is there any way to get the attention of Aeris' customer service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paleo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I tried writing them about my Atmos ai. The download software does not work with Windows 7 and I also imagine that some issues with the 64 bit USB would be needed to download (I only have their serial cable). I have heard back NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING, and get the impression that they don't even want to talk to customers.

Meanwhile, a year and a half back, I bought a battery compartment cover and O-ring as a spare. Yesterday I went and started replacing it. It looked like the original, but it was slightly too large. It started cross threading and I cold welded to the case plastic. I was able to fix, but I really wonder about the consistency of their parts. Is that a fluke or were mold changes made?

I only had one occasion to contact them for service, about a year ago, and found that emails and postings on this board got no replies. However, calling their service number worked every time. I either got through, or got prompt return calls. Others have posted with the same frustration you're getting, and they always get the same advice - call them.

I'm in the process of trying to get their dive log software to work on a Windows 7 machine. So far no luck - I get an error message relating to USB Serial Port driver upgrade when I plug the USB cable in, and the dive log software hangs after responding 'OK' to the download-initation pop-up window.

I've found that the current version, that I believe has been posted on their site, doesn't work with my XP machine either. I've tried it several times, but in the end I have to go back to the installer of an earlier version that I've got saved. I have yet to try that on my Win7 netbook. For completeness, I can also say that I've never been able to get their software to work on my other XP laptop either. It's a Turion 64 with 32 bit operating system, so I've always figured it had something to do with the mixing of 32 and 64 bit systems, but it installs the 32 bit drivers but hangs the log software, and the 64 bit drivers won't install.

Back
Top Bottom