Follow-Up With Oceanic/Aeris

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paleo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Previously I had posted about my frustration getting help with my Atmos ai.
I tried writing them about my Atmos ai. The download software does not work with Windows 7 and I also imagine that some issues with the 64 bit USB would be needed to download (I only have their serial cable). I have heard back NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING, and get the impression that they don't even want to talk to customers.

Meanwhile, a year and a half back, I bought a battery compartment cover and O-ring as a spare. Yesterday I went and started replacing it. It looked like the original, but it was slightly too large. It started cross threading and I cold welded to the case plastic. I was able to fix, but I really wonder about the consistency of their parts. Is that a fluke or were mold changes made?

Since then I have heard from Mr. Royce Connelly, Technical Support. He pointed me toward the software and patches, which to me were not intuitively obvious from the titles and descriptions. However, once downloaded and installed and with the USB connector, my Atmos ai downloaded properly and the logging software works well. Issue solved.

Now we are communicating about the battery case lid.

Yes, I get frustrated at times, but when I finally get service with a solution I will report that also.

Clue us in! Which downloads did you use? I'm having the same problem with the dive log software on Win 7.

Glad to hear you were able to get response and results.

Hi Paleo glad it work out for you. But one question did they answer your emails or did you have to call? Wow! a serial port on a win7 system.

Back
Top Bottom