Aeris elite t3. No buddy check any more????? Help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AandK

Registered
Reaction score
I just purchased 2 of the elite t3 computers with the transmitters only to find out that buddy check is no longer available. This is the whole reason that i sold my previous integrated computer so that we could have a matching pair and check each others air. I can not find any information on this, even on the diveaeris.com website. Every retailer website is still saying it has buddy check.

Can some one please tell me, can i change the firmware to a previous model that had the buddy check feature? My firmware is revision 3A.

Not happy aeris...... how do i fix?

Buddy Pressure Check has been removed due to a patent infringement claim. Those products that have the feature will continue to be supported, whether returned for factory service or in the event of a firmware update. Those produced and shipped from AERIS after 11/1/11 do not have the feature. It is very likely that dealers have inventory of the original units - anything with a serial number less than 5000 has Buddy Pressure Check.

Yeah well thanks for not saying anything, or making an announcement to this effect. I read all the reviews, looked at the specs on the retailers website and bought 2 because of buddy check only to find it missing in the manual with no mention of why. The retailer i purchased them from is not aware of this change either......

thanks for the big postage bill in sending them back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom