HELP!!!! aeris xr2 console housing cover removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dunaja

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
anyone taken console cover off a XR2 - 3 MODULE so that battery compartment can be accessed to change battery?. Just bought this unit and nothing in manual. Going diving for a couple of weeks and dont want to get caught with a dead battery that I don't know how to change

Do you mean remove the computer module from the console boot or get the battery hatch off the computer module?

Battery replacement itself is covered starting on page 84 of the manual http://diveaeris.com/PDF/12-7195-r02.pdf

To Remove the module from the unit just gently pry it out with a butter knife - you may even be able to distort the rubber console to the point that you can pop the module out with no tools at all
(I can get my wife's XR1 out without tools).

Thanks for the info.
It is the removal of the module from the console so I will try your suggestion, just did not want to start prying and poking and then find out OOPS.

A little tip if you are having trouble removing the computer from the boot, you will need to soak it in hot tap water. Not boiling water just hott water. It will sofen the boot and make it much easier to get out

Back
Top Bottom