Aeris Software transfer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

endurodog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have recently upgraded my desk top computer and have an issue transfering my dive logs from my old computer. I have the new dive log software down loaded on the new computer. The simple solution I thought would be to "restore dive log" from the backup log that I create when I sign out, I use the prompts that the program offers. How ever when I down load this it only loads the 6 or so sample dives that came on the program.

So I'm wondering how to transfer my dive logs to a new computer. Thanks in advance.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue, but you should just be able to copy the old log into the new installation, and open it from there, as if it were always part of the new installation. Actually, you should be able to direct the log software to open the old log file, no matter where it is located. I don't know why the backup restore isn't working, unless the last backup was inadvertently made from the demo log instead of your actual dive log. I'm just offering this from my experience using the software - I've moved and restored logs before, and keep more than one log, and in different locations.

I believe you need to create a new dive log. Once that is created, then you can import your old dives.

Back
Top Bottom