Atmos AI interface with Windows 7 laptop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoomi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I suspect this has been asked before, and I just didn't find the previous thread. My local dive shop ordered one of the interface cables for my new Atmos AI, but having read that some users have experienced connectivity problems between their dive computers and personal computers, I took the AI and my laptop to the LDS to see if things worked before plopping down the plastic to buy the cable.

I, and the LDS guy, tried just about everything from the owner's manual and that we could think of, but while my laptop detected the interface cable, my AI never went into PC mode to connect with the laptop.

We had the correct cable for my AI with the shiny metal buttons. I had the drivers installed and the Aeris software installed before connecting. We cycled through the buttons on the AI per the instructions on page 28 of the manual. Nothing. I might as well have had the USB cable floating in thin air.

Does the AI need to have a logged dive in it, before it will toggle into PC mode and talk to the laptop? Or did we just get completely lost in trying to follow the directions?

Are the Aeris reps all on vacation? I guess I'll find out more about the computer to laptop interface after I get a few dives on the Atmos...

Sorry about the delay. The unit should connect without dives - and allow you to modify your dive computer settings via the PC as well as check and install firmware updates if they're available. The most likely cause is that the pins of the cable are not making contact with the dive computer pins - or, it is not the correct cable. Best thing to do at this point if you are able is to try another cable - and, if the retailer has another, try a different AI - this will likely isolate the issue. If these options aren't possible or convenient - give our guys in tech support a call.

Thanks for the reply. The LDS ordered what should have been the correct cable for the Atmos AI, as they asked if I had the one with the gray or the silver buttons. I may try again when our regs are ready to be picked up after servicing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom